Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You?

What a day.  10 years ago I was in the bus lane getting my kids off the buses (I taught special ed).  One parent drove by telling us that a plane hit the World Trade Center.  We were all a little confused so just kept doing what we were doing and listening as parents came through.  When we got to the classroom I turned our TV on.  All we could think was "Oh my ghosh!  Is this real?".  We were told to turn tvs off because there were students in the building with family in New York or parents who travel, were pilots, flight attendants, etc.  We still had a radio so had that on because it was too hard to get to our library to watch the tv in there.  I rushed home after school and was thankful my dad was in town.  I was glued to the TV.  I just kept thinking that they would find people alive and that it couldn't be that bad.  My positive thinking I guess.  Of course I was wrong.  It was an emotional day that I don't think anyone alive will forget.
Today, the 10th anniversary of 9/11, I did the same thing.  I sat in front of the TV for most of the day watching coverage.  One channel actually showed about an hour of Good Morning America from that morning.  I wanted to hear the stories.  It seems more have come out.  Again I was emotional and in disbelief.  Did this really happen to us?  It did.
I thank our military, firefighters, police and all service personnel for what you do to keep our country safe.  God Bless the USA!  Never Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment