Thursday, September 1, 2011

Family

My kids crack me up!  The last two nights they have played family.  Preston is the Daddy and Calleigh is the Mommy.  Yesterday Preston moved their kid table to be next to the loveseat so that the "baby" could be sitting on the couch next to them and at the same level!  It was such a smart idea - he had the baby bouncy seat first and realized the baby would be on the ground.  They apparently were at a restaurant on the "big truck road" (that is what Preston calls the highway!)  Tonight they played again.  Preston was driving and Calleigh was in the backseat with the baby.  It is so cute!  I love watching them play so nicely.  Of course we do have our moments of fighting but overall they are sweet.
I was talking to my Dad the other day and told him that I am so thankful for my kids.  I have awesome kids.  They are so sweet and well behaved.  We never had to baby proof the house - no cabinet locks, outlet covers, things off shelf, etc.  They never tried to really get into anything.  Once out of a crib, they didn't try to leave their room.  Calleigh does get books occasionally and put them in her bed but that's ok.  She doesn't leave her room and she is quiet!  As infants they were (and still are) good sleepers.  Of course as I was saying all this to my dad, I patted my tummy and told Peanut that I hope you continue the trend and is good!!
Tomorrow we get to go to the beach with some friends.  We are all excited.  Now we have to hope that this Caribbean wave that is coming doesn't turn into a tropical storm and we have rain all weekend!  No matter what, we will have good friends and good times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment