Sunday, September 18, 2011

Time Flies-My baby is 3

          Where does the time go?  My baby girl turned 3 today.  She was so excited to have a birthday she couldn't fall asleep for her nap.  All I could think was "Oh my what fun she will be - NOT!".  When she was supposed to be sleeping she first put ALL of her hairbows in her hair.  I will have to post that picture.  I told her that I needed her to sleep so she is ready for her party and so that I could wrap her presents.  I managed to keep her upstairs long enough to wrap her presents.  She came down stairs and was so excited and ready to open them.  She also wanted to have her cake.  It was killing her to wait another hour for her friends and family to come over!  For a little girl without a nap she actually did very well.  She only melted down once and that was when she was told to blow out her candle on her cake.  I am not sure why that made her cry but she did.  Daddy to the rescue - he hugged her then encouraged her to blow the cake out and helped her.  Calleigh had so much fun I don't think she knew what to do.  She flew through opening her presents - barely looking at what she got before opening the next one.  That's what 3 year olds do, right?!  My friend Manny, her Godfather, was the last to leave and boy she has him wrapped around her finger!  She had him getting her a hot dog, juice, letting her play in his van, and who knows what else!  I loved watching her with him.  He truly is an "uncle" to her.  What a blessing to have such a wonderful friend in my life who my children adore!!  Calleigh loves people but tends to get shy, especially around men.  Not with Manny.  She was upset when it was time for him to leave.
        Every year on my kids' birthdays I reminisce about the day they were born.  Terry often laughs at me for doing this.  This year he did it with me, reminding me of some little things I had forgotten.  The one this year was that he reminded me how Calleigh "meowed/cooed" constantly for the first day of her life.  It was a constant sound she made.  It was the cutest thing.  I think that was our clue that she would be a talker!!!    
        These last 3 years have gone as quickly as she came out!  The doctor wasn't ready when I was ready to start pushing.  He kept trying to get me to wait while he put on his shoe covers.  I said I'm pushing!  He realized I wasn't playing.  Calleigh was a fairly easy delivery - as easy as 9lbs 8ozs can be!!!
        As I get older and my children get older, I realize that I need to savor every second that I can.  I always have appreciated the time I get to spend with them but I don't feel like I get enough of it!  When I am with my family I try my best to enjoy every moment and not lose my patience at little things.  That part is hard because after working all day and having things I know I need to do at home (and being hormonal!) little things the kids do can set me off.  Times like these I have to remind myself that I won't have these moments for long.  Before long they will be all grown up and not needing me anymore.  They won't be asking me to open their juice box, watch them play family, sit in the bathroom with them, etc.  These moments are precious.  Time is precious.  I love my kids and my husband with all my heart.  I don't know what I would do without them.  I am truly blessed.  If only there was a way for me to spend EVERY second of EVERY day enjoying them!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment